Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

200 days not as long as it sounds ...

So my phone kindly reminded me, as it does every time I unlock it, that it is now only 200 days today till my Half Outlaw (half ironman).

Now most people would do something like this because they enjoy it (god knows why), they are raising money for charity (always a honourable thing to do) or that it is for the competitive element to it. That for me is not the case. I am endeavouring to do this for the simple reason of setting an 'achievable' goal for getting fit and healthy again after reaching a worrying weight and level of fitness over the last year.

With that being said I have yet to fully engage into my training plan, getting fit and losing weight. But that changes today! Yes I can hear you chuckling away, 'yea right' and other such comments but no as of tomorrow I shall begin in earnest. The morning run will start anew, I will look at booking/singing up to the local pool (I have no excuse really its 2 minuets down the road!) and putting new tyres on my bike and either getting out on the road or on the turbo trainer.

So to peg a start point to look back to and see if there is any change, this morning I weighed 14 stone 11 pounds (93.9kg), the furthest I've ever run was a 10km at castle combe in 58:34:80, I've never biked competitively and I've never swam competitively.  I've also never competed in a multi sport event, if you haven't picked up I've throw myself in at the deep end, with a set of ankle weights on and am hoping that I will still float!

The plan then is to keep a track via this blog (used to be a kayaking one so it needs to be gutted and revamped!) As much for my own personal tracking as much as for others to read, that being said if my complete beginner to hopefully crawling my way across the finish line in may at the 8 hour limit mark experience can help any others then all the better.

Until next time.

Alex 

4 comments:

  1. You need a Team America style training montage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will work on it, will have to be GoPro shot though the Nikon's gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I am sat writing it now! I just need to proof read it a few times!

      Delete